Friday 12 July 2013

The joy of lavender!

Now we finally have some Summer sunshine I headed off yesterday to the glorious Mayfield Lavender Farm in Carshalton, Surrey. It could not have been a more perfect day, the temperature was soaring, the sky Grecian and I stood in wonderment looking over the 25 acres of blooming lavender.


I contemplated how lucky I am to have this wonderful place practically on my doorstep.


Needless to say, the smell is heavenly and I came away with a bottle of their essential oil, one of three varieties that they process and sell - Lavendula x Intermedia - Grosso. Just fabulous.

Of course I couldn't wait to try it out in a hand cream and made a small batch of the mini tins which have become so popular at craft fairs.


It's a really good cream, intensive but non-greasy and leaves your hands beautifully soft! I'll be making some more for my online shop later today.
Can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment