Tuesday 22 December 2015

Wishing you a balmy Christmas!

My last blog of this year concerns my new super soft, super whipped night time balm. As anyone who reads this blog knows I'm a great fan of balms; they're so versatile and the whipped variety is a new departure for me. Instead of simply melting the oils and then pouring them I whip them up in stages three or four times until they contain air and are light and almost frothy. I keep the beeswax to a minimum, just enough to set the balm so that the end result is light but penetrative.

This beautifully fragrant balm also contains sweet almond oil, meadowfoam seed oil and shea butter....



Before the last whipping I add essential oil of rose geranium, one of my very favourite essential oils. This balm can be used as a cleanser with a muslin hot cloth but I prefer to use it at night when the aromatic essential oil will relax and calm whilst the oils will work while you sleep; they will soften and smooth and you will wake up to softer skin.


A nice little treat for Christmas Eve!

Happy Christmas to one and all.


No comments:

Post a Comment